Some of the most elite football clubs in the world have a ton of work to do if they want to creep back into contention in their respective domestic leagues. Among them are Real Madrid and Manchester City, as they hope to rebound from less-than-ideal performances in recent weeks. Nevertheless, they will have their opportunities, and we like their chances this weekend. Continue reading for insights and information on the matches, as well as the rest of our soccer best bets for November 22-24.
Italian Serie A: Atalanta vs. Juventus
Despite owning Serie A’s most potent attack (30 goals), Atalanta has lost their momentum with only two wins in their last nine competitive fixtures. The home side has found the net only once in their last three competitive games, which is the main reason why they are winless in their last four.
Atalanta Team News
- Duvan Zapata is back in training but will likely only make the bench on Saturday.
- Josip Ilicic and Ruslan Malinovskiy are suspended and will both miss out for Atalanta.
- Remo Freuler picked up a knock with Switzerland in the international break but should start in midfield.
Juventus Team News
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Blaise Matuidi and Miralem Pjanic have recovered to full fitness and will start against Atalanta.
- Alex Sandro picked up an injury during the international break and will be replaced at left-back by Mattia De Sciglio.
Atalanta has been a very tough opponent for Juventus in recent years. They have been particularly successful at nullifying Juventus with aggressive man-marking and ferocious pressing. Juventus heads into this game on the back of two consecutive clean sheets for the first time this season, but they will do well to make it three on the spin up against Atalanta’s attacking force.