After a ton of exciting Champions League action, we are getting back to some domestic soccer this weekend. Of course, the Premier League clash between Tottenham and Liverpool will take center stage, but there are a ton of top-tier matchups this weekend. If you’re looking to cash in, we got the best bets for you in our weekend soccer rundown.
Schalke vs. Borussia Dortmund
Ahead of the first Revierderby of the season, Schalke is without a win in two Bundesliga matches, after previously winning their last four. Their defeat last time out at Hoffenheim was also the first time they have failed to score in six fixtures. Borussia Dortmund has made their worst start to a league season since the 2016/17 campaign, despite going unbeaten in their last five Bundesliga matches.
Schalke Team News
- Suat Serdar and Weston McKennie are both struggling with minor muscle injuries. Alessandro Schöpf and Daniel Caligiuri are on standby.
- Benito Raman is also bursting for a chance to impress after shaking off an ankle problem.
- Ex-Spurs midfielder Nabil Bentaleb is ruled out until the winter break with a knee injury.
Borussia Dortmund Team News
- Jadon Sancho returns from an internal suspension handed out for arriving late back from England duty.
- Marco Reus was not well enough to travel to Milan to play in the Champions League, but the skipper should be fit for the derby.
- Former captain Marcel Schmelzer is ruled out with a hip injury, but Lukasz Piszczek could return to the defense, along with Germany left-back Nico Schulz.
- Striker Paco Alcácer missed out again with an Achilles problem in midweek, so Mario Götze or Julian Brandt may play in a more advanced role.
Schalke has had all week to focus on their biggest game of the year, while Dortmund seemed to have one eye on the Ruhr derby too, putting in a particularly limp performance in Milan. In a volatile atmosphere in Gelsenkirchen, back Schalke to edge to victory and pile the pressure on Lucien Favre.