There is some really exciting domestic soccer action going on across Europe this weekend, headlined by the Madrid Derby between Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid in a La Liga showdown on Saturday. From Eden Hazard to Diego Costa, we have all the insight you need for the highly anticipated contest in Spain. In addition, we have two more matches to look out for during this weekend’s slate. Continue reading for the best bets for September 28-30.
Atletico Madrid vs. Real Madrid
There will be fireworks when Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid face each other at Estadio Wanda Metropolitano on day 7 of the new La Liga campaign. Diego Simeone’s men are determined to regain the La Liga title, and we predict that they will fight tooth and nail in the Madrid derby on Saturday evening. Zinedine Zidane, on the other hand, rested several first-team regulars in a 2-0 win over Osasuna, and both Eden Hazard and Karim Benzema are likely to be recalled to the starting XI.
Atletico Madrid Team News
- Alvaro Morata will miss the weekend’s action after picking up two yellow cards against Real Mallorca.
- As a result, Joao Felix will be asked to partner Diego Costa up front for the home side.
- Thomas Lemar is expected to be given a start on the left-hand side of the midfield, with Koke on the opposite flank.
Real Madrid Team News
- Ferland Mendy and Marcelo are both sidelined due to injury, which will see Nacho feature at left-back.
- Toni Kroos and Casemiro should anchor the midfield, with Luka Modric still not fully fit.
- Eden Hazard, Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale should rotate back into the front three after a midweek rest.
Atletico Madrid got back to winning ways last time out with a 2-0 victory against newly promoted Real Mallorca. Diego Simeone’s side has also sured up their defense after disappointing showings against both Real Sociedad and Juventus. Real Madrid bounced back from their defeat to PSG with two victories, keeping consecutive clean sheets in wins over Sevilla and Osasuna.