We are going to do things a little different for this final stage article. The 2019 Copa America tournament is down to the final two games. The third place match will feature Lionel Messi and Argentina versus the reigning Copa champions Chile. Both teams missed out on the opportunity to hoist the Cup with their semifinal losses. In the final, we will see the host nation Brazil take on the surprise finalists Peru for the chance to be crowned champions of South America. Here is our final stages preview.
In this format, we will provide you with some tidbits about each matchup for you to utilize as you see fit. Enjoy!
Third Place Match: Argentina vs. Chile
- Argentina will be encountering Chile for the third-place play-off. Messi’s side was beaten 2-0 by the hosting country.
- On the other hand, Chile was taken by surprise with a convincing 3-0 loss to Peru.
- Argentina coach Scaloni may be thinking about some changes in the initial formation, such as Paulo Dybala, Lo Celso and Di Maria.
- Reinaldo Rueda might also be pondering about some changes to his initial 11 squad.
- Chile’s last victories against Argentina in the last six encounters were in 2017 and 2015 Copa America Finals.
- Potentially it would be a good bet on a correct score 0-1 win for Chile with enticing odds for those looking for a thrill.
- From the last statistics, we deduce that there is a probability that the match won’t end up with more than two goals, therefore over/under 2.5 goals could be a good bet.
Final: Brazil vs. Peru
- Brazil has not conceded a goal in this tournament and were able the beat the Peruvian side 5-0 in the group stage.
- Defending champs Chile was shocked by the Peruvian side in their last match.
- The Brazilian side are heavy favorites as expected, but a final is always a final, everything is decided in the match.
- Richarlison, Filippe Luis and Fernandinho will all be doubtful for this encounter. On the other side, Jefferson Farfan will potentially miss the match.
- There is a big chance that both coaches will line up their squads in a 4-2-3-1 formation.
- In my opinion, since Brazil are heavy favorites, a good bet would be to place a correct score at 2-0.
- For those hoping for a shocking final match, I would place a bet on Brazil to come from behind.
If you liked this article, click here for more soccer content, including a breakdown of the Women’s World Cup.